PUBLIC NOTICE – COUNTY OF HAWAI’I
Planning Dept. Applications Accepted May 2022
In accordance with Section 25-2-3(g) Division 1, Article 2 of Chapter 25 (Zoning) of the Hawai’i County Code, NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the following applications have been submitted.
WINDWARD/LEEWARD PLANNING COMMISSIONS
1. *Ke’Aloha Lani, LLC (formerly Hawai’i Island Distillery, LLC)/Hawai’i Brewery Dev. Co. Inc. (PL-REZ-2022-023) Amendment to Conditions E and I to Replace “Certificate of Occupancy” with “Final Subdivision Approval” as the Required Timing to Complete these Conditions Related to Roadway & Water Improvements on 6.505 acs. at Volcano Rd. between Shipman Rd. & Railroad Ave., Puna, TMK: 1-6-141:002.
2. *Lehua Village Partners, LLC/Lehua Village Partners, LLC (PL-REZ-2022-028) Change of Zone from Single-Family Residential RS-10 to RS-15 on 14.322 acs. at Hawai’i Belt Rd. & Lehua St., Hamakua, TMK: 4-5-024:010 & 4-5-010:136.
3. *Lehua Village Partners, LLC/Lehua Village Partners, LLC (PL-PUD-2022-001) To Allow for Various Exemptions from HCC Chapter 23 (Subdivision) & Chapter 25 (Zoning) for Planned Unit Development of a 40-Lot Single-Family Residential Subdivision on 14.322 acs. at Hawai’i Belt Rd. & Lehua St., Hamakua, TMK: 4-5-024:010 & 4-5-010:136.
4. *Arte McCollough/Arte L. & Cathleen H. McCollough Trust, Kelly H. & Sharon E. Moran, & Kanehoa Pennington (PL-SLU-2022-006) State Land Use Boundary Amendment from Agricultural to Rural on 5.848 acs. at 62-2225 & 62-2239 Ouli St., S. Kohala, TMK: 6-2-009:015.
5. *Arte McCollough/Arte L. & Cathleen H. McCollough Trust, Kelly H. & Sharon E. Moran, & Kanehoa Pennington (PL-REZ-2022-026) Change of Zone from Agricultural (A-5a) to Residential and Agricultural (RA-2a) on 5.848 acs. at 62-2225 & 62-2239 Ouli St., S. Kohala, TMK: 6-2-009:015.
6. *Leonard Cardoza/Leonard Cardoza Trust (PL-REZ-2022-018) Change of Zone from Agricultural (A-20a) to Family Agricultural (FA-1a) on 15.411 acs. at Old Mamalahoa Hwy. between ‘O’okala Graveyard Rd. & Milo St. on opposite side of Hwy., N. Hilo, TMK: 3-9-001:023 & 031.
ADDITIONAL FARM DWELLING AGREEMENT
1. *Jayson Lewan/Jayson Lewan, Leeanne Heathcote, Stanley Lewan & Kathy Lewan (PL-AFD-2022-028) on 5.169 acs. at 83-5313 Middle Ke’ei Rd., S. Kona, TMK: 8-3-010:063.
2. *Stephen David Lopez & Merry Patrice Lopez/ Stephen David Lopez & Merry Patrice Lopez (PL-AFD-2022-031) on 1.00 ac. at 75-473 Nani Kailua Dr., N. Kona, TMK:7-5-012:094.
1. *Scott A. Kunioka/PR PUU PA LLC (PL-PLA-2022-111) New Reservoir/Water Storage Tank on 13,285 ac. at Lalamilo-Parker Ranch Access Rd., S. Kohala, TMK: 6-8-001:001.
2. *KW Kona Investors LLC/BP Bishop Est Ttees, KW Kona Investors LLC Lssee & Kaupulehu Devlp Lssee (PL-PLA-2022-112) Resort Hotel on 81.395 acs. at 72-300 Maheawalu Dr., N. Kona, TMK: 7-2-010:010.
3. *Alexa Boyer/Alexa Boyer, Merle Kost and Deborah Kost (PL-PLA-2022-113) Multiple Bed & Breakfasts on 15,274 sf. at 76-6175 Ali’i Dr., N. Kona, TMK: 7-6-017:049.
4. *Katherine Luga/BP Bishop Est. Ttees., Hualalai Pia-Kona LLC Lssee (PL-PLA-2022-114) Pump and Connecting Pipeline for Well No. 10 on 7,486 acs. at Kaupulehu, N. Kona, TMK: 7-2-003:003.
5. *Katherine Luga/BP Bishop Est. Ttees., Hualalai Pia-Kona LLC Lssee (PL-PLA-2022-115) Pump and Connecting Pipeline for Well No. 11 on 7,486 acs. at Kaupulehu, N. Kona, TMK: 7-2-003:003.
6. *Laura Foster/HOVE Road Maintenance (PL-PLA-2022-116) Equipment Storage Bldg., on 10.012 acs. at 92-8979 Lehua Ln., Ka’u, TMK: 9-2-020:069.
7. *William McCowatt/Greenwood Center (PL-PLA-2022-118) Commercial Retail Center & Residential Town Homes on 5.0068 acs. at 65-1226 Mamalahoa Hwy., S. Kohala, TMK: 6-5-003:002.
8. *Tim Rice/Waikoloa Plaza LLC (PL-PLA-2022-119) Holiday Inn Express and Suites on 4.028 acs. at 68-4430 Waikoloa Plaza Rd., S. Kohala, TMK: 6-8-003:044.
1. *Jean-David Hsu/Jean-David Hsu (PL-SAA-2022-075) New Single-Family Dwelling & Martial Arts Mat on 11,800 sf. at 88-149 Kai Ave., S. Kona, TMK: 8-8-005:092.
2. *Joe Roark/Joseph B. & Karyn D. Roark Trust (PL-SAA-2022-076) New Water Well on 1.057 acs. at 29-2282 Old Mamalahoa Hwy., S. Hilo, TMK: 2-9-006:028.
3. *Hilton Land Investment 1 LLC, Global Resort Partners/Hilton Land Investment 1 LLC, Global Resort Partners (PL-SAA-2022-077) Removal of Existing Grotto, Concrete & Steel Decking, Steel Framing, Shotcrete Rockwork & Waterfall Feature Above Kona Pool on 48.267 acs. at 69-425 Waikoloa Beach Dr., S. Kohala, TMK: 6-9-007:014.
4. *Mark Krzyzanowski/Alia Legaux (PL-SAA-2022-078) Construct Single-Family Dwelling w/Accessory Improvements on 8,000 sf. at 88-153 Kai Ave., S. Kona, TMK: 8-8-005:091.
5. *Stanley Ha’anio/Roman Catholic Church (PL-SAA-2022-079) Removal of Section of Rock Wall & Replacement w/Chain Link Fence, Repair Sections of Rock Wall on 17,424 sf. at 78-6680 Ali’i Dr., N. Kona, TMK: 7-8-014:003.
Maps/documents are on file & open for inspection during office hours 7:45am-4:30pm at the HI County Planning Dept, 101 Pauahi St, Ste 3, Hilo, or 74-5044 Ane Keohokalole Hwy, Bldg E, 2nd Floor, Kailua-Kona.
By: ZENDO KERN, Planning Director
HI County is an Equal Opportunity Provider & Employer